Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Smart speaker Pros:
- Great speaker
- aux out facility
- Easy to connect
- classy look
- Long enough adapter cable
- Nice mic.
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Smart speaker Cons:
- Difficulty in searching songs particularly Malayalam songs
- Not enough strength for antenna for picking up low strength Wi-Fi signal
- Sometimes speaker gets loud or extra vibration
- Very tough to connect using Bluetooth
- Non availability of Google products
Top Positive Reviews:
- The sound quality is remarkable on this new echo dot. It has outstanding bass which is good for music. This can additionally used as Bluetooth speaker to play music from mobile without using internet.
- 3rd gen product is just amazing. Very much improved version…Indian English accent is no longer the issue. It’s skill based product and Not search based like Google home, so I guess you might not get answers to all questions since the skill need to be added. I have not used Google home…not sure if it searched in Google engine and find answers to your entire query. Part sound quality is just excellent…you don’t need a speaker to connect. Looks wise an superb one. I have become a fan of it now.
- Overall a great product with lots of skills that you can add. Easy to install, start and looks so good. It has a really decent voice range in both senses- the speaker in its full is pretty powerful plus Alexa manages to hear you even from the next room. Not good with regional languages though. I guess still learning.
Top Negative Reviews:
- This device does not have integration with Fire TV in INDIA ONLY! So, if you don’t have smart plug and smart switches then only thing you can do with this device is play music.
- General skills but not performing well. Anything you required you have to tell. It’s only a machine we cannot talk with that. Every time we require high speed internet. If playing something we have to shout when we need to change.
- Waste item, nothing free, no inbuilt battery, no power means no alarm, completely waste product. Why we should spend money unnecessary to this waste product.
Question and Answers:
Question: Does Echo Dot have an in-built battery?
Answer: No. Echo needs to be plugged-in for use. It does not have a chargeable battery inside.
Question: Does echo need wifi connection?
Answer: Echo devices need a Wi-Fi internet connection with a minimum dedicated bandwidth of 512kbps.
Question: Can I use echo dot to cast music from my phone like chromecast music?
Question: What is weight?
Answer: Almost 500 gm.
Question: Does it have micro usb port?
Question: Can I connect my phone with this via Bluetooth without wifi?