Acer Gaming Laptop Pros:
- Outstanding display: Hands off to the best display in a budget laptop.
- Snappy with minimum boot time: On in 5 seconds thanks to the ssd.
- 1050ti is enough for all modern day AAA titles( go for gtx 1060 laptops if you want future proofing)
- Sturdy and not that heavy
Acer Gaming Laptop Cons:
- Thermals are poor to say the least: CPU Reaches 100 degrees Celsius on gaming which causes thermal throttling and you will face severe frame drops making games unplayable at times.(Can be fixed with some tweaks)
- Speakers are satisfactory
- Battery life is average : 3.5 hours on normal usage(can be fixed as well )
Top Positive Reviews:
- Very bright screen , very best quality display , smart heat management by aero 3d dual fans, battery backup is a smaller amount , satisfied FPS on ultra-settings up to 50 – 60 on high graphic games , like witcher 3, pubg, fortnite,far cry 5 . There is thing that we are able to play without power connected to laptop upto 30-35 FPS without lag. Keyboard quality is nice , Sounds is nice however somewhat less bass , speaker are loud though
- This laptop is the excellent Combination Of Blazing quick Performance, amazing evaluation.. Specially It’s Red color Backlight Keyboard laptop style.. Only Con Is That This laptop is little heavy however If you’re comfortable with That, No laptop will Beat this during this worth specially if you purchase It In Sale Time…
- I am loving with this laptop… very superb performance and that i didn’t bought it for gaming and for my use it provide battery up to 4+ hrs…. I will suggest everybody to get this laptop below this budget value.
Top Negative Reviews:
- After 6 months of use I decided from 5 star to 1 star. Main reason of laptop is, unexpected freeze in normal temperature then I restart and it’s operating normal. Same drawback persists always. When I search on Google then found the matter is persist to most users of Acer Predator helios 300 core i5, so beware. Do not buy based on its low cost.
- Very dangerous product, terribly poor service from Acer. Not sure if product is nice however undoubtedly not up to the mark as per the value, and service quality from Acer is extremely pathetic.
- HDD isn’t detected, Power Adapter provides weird noise, when using with battery, it takes ages to return up and these are just a few of problems. Battery backup is extremely less, only 1.5 hours for normal uses.
Question and Answers:
Question: Are both RAM slots occupied? Or a single stick of 8GB RAM is used?
Answer: Yes, Single stick of 8 GB RAM is used. Another slot is empty.
Question: what type of ssd does this Laptop have ?
Answer: SK hynix hfs128g39tnd-n210a (solid state drive).
Question: Can I play on this gta 5 and watch dogs 2? What I meant is can I play high end games easily?
Answer: yeah, this is what it made for…
Question: Can I upgrade ram to 16 GB?
Answer: Yes, maximum is 32 gb.
Question: Does it come with a pre-installed antivirus?
Answer: Yes, but after 30 days of free trial you have to renew it.